As awesome as your promixx® shaker is, it won’t clean itself. And there’s nothing—we mean nothing—nastier than week-old protein shake. It’s time to learn how to properly clean your promixx® shaker cup.
Here’s how to keep your shaker clean and fresh:
- Wash your promixx® shaker before initial use, and immediately after every use. Remember what we said about week-old protein shake?
- Most components of your promixx® shaker are top-rack dishwasher safe. The insulated promixx® Radian™ shaker is an exception—it should be hand washed.
- Alternately, all bottles may be washed by hand in warm soapy water. Please note: promixx® shaker cups are not intended for use with hot or warm liquids. The secure seal of the bottles does not allow pressure to escape, therefore hot or warm liquids may cause the flip cap to open unexpectedly and spray contents.
- The promixx® wire whisk should be placed in the silverware bin.
- If you have a white promixx® Radian™ shaker lid that looks off color, try scrubbing it with a wet wipe to clean it up.
And hey—it happens. Let’s say you accidentally leave a dirty promixx® shaker in your gym bag, locker, or car. You won’t be the first one to make this mistake. We’ve seen—and smelled—it all. Most BPA-free plastics are prone to retaining odors if not cleaned promptly after use. Try these tips for removing stubborn odors from your promixx® shaker:
- Fill your promixx® shaker with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow it to sit overnight, with the cap open.
- Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a few paper towels. Crumple newspaper or paper towels and place inside your promixx® shaker. Screw on the lid and let the bottle sit for 24 hours, with the cap closed.
- Place damp coffee grounds inside your promixx® shaker. Screw on the lid and allow the bottle to sit overnight, with the cap closed.
- After cleaning your promixx® shaker, simply leaving the lid off and letting it air out can do wonders.
Still have questions? That’s A-OK! Contact us and we’ll help you out.
Want to learn the top tips for mixing ultra-smooth shakes? Read this.
Wondering what to mix in your awesome new promixx® shaker cup? Check out our Recipes page and try something new.
And just for fun, how about a show of hands—despite all our warnings, have you accidentally left a dirty shaker in your bag or elsewhere for too long? Fess up to your worst faux pas in the comments below.